Tuesday 15 July 2014

Treat yourself......

.....well!

Be it guys or girls we excel at berating ourselves sometimes and it's not cool for our well-being. I suppose turning 31 this year and learning about different areas in life you just start to see things differently. In my twenties I've spent most of it in a sambuca haze and just didn't question anything and just went with the flow.

But as you push on and think about the future you want to keep yourself aware about things and not just go "Yep, I'll buy this and I'll buy that!" without giving it a second thought! Trust me I was a professional at impulse buying in every sense of the word. Impulsive spending and impulsive unquestioning.

I put so much confidence that those products are going to make you believe that they will transform you and add value to your life but you can also find without them, they really don't make much difference.
I bought this cellulite "new technology" jar about a year ago and my house mate Lainey was just breaking her ass laughing at me for buying it! But I was utterly convinced that this bottle was going to change my life!
I saw the ad before the "Dublin Housewives" (I know, I was going through a vulnerable time cos J didn't have SKY at the time in his place!) and it was advertising this new "crackle" technology. I'm not joking "crackle"....

Yeah so I whizzed around trying to find this bottle that was going to turn my life, my thighs and bum bum around! I even asked the girl in Sam McCauley's to order it from Dublin for me! And paid something like €25 for it! arrghhhhhhhhhh
It claims it will eradicate cellulite by 70% in three weeks - ah but what happens after the sixth or seventh week?? Oh yeah you have to buy another bottle! Good one!

So the crackling began and Lainey's cackling at me hahaah - yep it was the strangest thing and it actually was like popping on my skin - never again. It certainly reduced the "appearance" of it but didn't treat my cellulite! It was just brushing it under the carpet (my skin) for a couple of weeks. I still have the bottle at home and just realised that I was sucked in because I amongst most people are a marketers dream :(
Not any more my beauties, not any more! From now on, in order to get rid of my cellulite, I'm just going to have to do it the natural way by drinking lemon and hot water in the morning, swopping out my tea for green tea one or twice a day and focusing on exercises that tone those areas!

I'm telling you, once you start getting back to basics you start to feel really relaxed, in control and focused.
It's such a rush knowing that we really do not need these things but are brainwashed to think we do.
I can't tell you how cool my bathroom looks at the moment - it's so clean and we only have just the essentials in the bath because everything else is downstairs in my fridge or kitchen cabinets.
Next stop - my homemade, non-toxic recipes to help you guys out to calm the cacks on this materialistic world and you'll get some kick out of making your own beauty products! I'm also going to give you some tips on products that I am now using, instead of the high-brand lines on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment