Tuesday 15 July 2014

My shampoo and conditioner

Hi tooty fruities,

After using bread soda (not baking soda - whole different product) during my one month shampoo detox - I began making my own shampoo.  Yes it turned out quite well but from a time consumption perspective, I've sourced a good natural, non-toxic shampoo for the moment until I get better at my DIY shampoo.

Bread soda is very good don't get me wrong but unfortunately in line with trying things natural I tried out an avocado/mayonnaise conditioner one day during this detox.
Well, let's just say you're only supposed to put a dab on your hair, brush it through and wrap it in a towel for twenty minutes.
Dee decides to put the whole bowl on my head and leave for forty minutes (didn't read the guidelines carefully). As you could imagine I looked like that creep from Circle of Friends..... you know that greasy guy Sean Walsh that was infatuated with Benny? Exhibits below;


Ughhhh it was a disaster! I had finally gotten to a stage where my hair was beginning to relax it's sebum production and this happens!
Yep, I spent the bones of two weeks trying to get the oil out of my hair but it was no easy task. So I decided to pick up a nice bottle of shampoo from Here's Health.

Very nice shampoo and conditioner - they have plenty to choose from however I'm in love with Lavender and it gives my hair a lovely shine.
This company is called Faith in Nature and I paid €7.75 for each, shampoo and conditioner, which I think is very good considering other products are more expensive i.e. John Frieda etc - and the ingredients are totally clean. Believe me, I'm not going to recommend something that (as a lot of companies do) is completely misleading on the front of the product and dirty on the back. Oh "100% Organic and Natural" and then you find there is Phylates, Parabens and all sorts to make the product.

I've done my research and the shampoo has the following ingredients;

All the products are derived from vegetables and natural oils.
I've also made sure with my app and checked one or two that looked quite dodgy but turned out were clean.

List of ingredients I didn't like the look of;
Ammonium laureth sulfate
Potassium Sorbate
Sodium benzoate
Citric Acid

And here are my findings;


So I'm very happy to be using these at the moment and know that they are safe which is great for peace of mind. It's just all about finding out ways to keep you informed and it doesn't have to be a headache.
My quest is to prove that going clean doesn't have to mean you pay more and it doesn't mean you have to look like Sean Walsh!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment