Thursday 10 July 2014

Benefits of using coconut oil

Ok so to begin with my new healthier choices, my first stop was Coconut Oil thanks to my sisters advice (who used  it religiously when pregnant) but also from my favourite Wellness Mama all the way from Kentucky, USA! Who knew a lovely lady in Kentucky could reach out to a little lady like me in Cork, Ireland to help me with my new found love for green ways.

I can't advocate her enough and her tips. Mama's 101 Coconut Benefits - you have to check this out! Amazing facts on this oil.

So I started off by purchasing my Coconut Oil in Holland and Barrett's in Mahon Point for around €25 but can buy at special offers for around €18!
But well worth it as it's a pure brand and I look for glass containers now rather than plastic. You can get cheaper versions in Tesco for around €10/€12 less but the oil is stored in plastic which I'm not a fan due to the BPA risks. BPA Facts Explained
And put your saavy hat on now again and think of the extra benefits of buying this jar - you can re-use it for more storage like i.e. your extra hairspray liquid or food storage! Think outside the box my beauties and you'll reap the rewards.

This is the brand that I go for and it's a good size - this is lasting me a good two months! AND that's with my favourite French man using it for his hair gel! Oh yeah, I am not messing about - I've even converted him to using it!

Hilarious story, his pal stayed over at our place last week and yes my bf likes to take the piss out of me for my new lifestyle but he was actually advocating the coconut oil to his friend! I couldn't believe it - I'm actually making a difference in his lifestyle too and he's seeing the benefits. Wowza.... :D
So he came home one day last week and told me that JB had used the coconut oil and I quote "Yeah he really liked it and he said it wasn't greasy and was very lightweight! And I said yeah man, and there's no chemicals in it!!!" ahahahahahah - they sounded like a pack of woman's knickers but I don't care - they're being healthy yippppppeeeeee.

The reason why I asked him to try the oil on his hair was because I had a quick glance at his L'Oreal Fibre Putty jar and did not like the contents;
Just a few highlighted that are known baddies and the EWG (Environmental Working Group) can back this information up. Anyhow it's just about switching things up where possible and finding out that they work and you're actually saving yourselves money overall and more importantly looking after your bodies.

Area's that I use coconut oil in my daily routine:

  • Cooking
  • Shaving my legs
  • Moisturising my body
  • Cleansing my face and eyes to remove make-up 
  • And just last night Oil-Pulling!

With all the above points, I have thrown out my Bioderma Cleansing Water, body lotions (Cocoa Butter/Dove/Nivea),  Gilette shaving foam, Boot's cucumber eye make-up removing gel and plenty more and never felt more liberated!
No more Boot's points for Dee Dee! Whoops! But more money to buy beautiful dresses and shoes in Zara instead - yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sublime natural product and has made my life so much easier!

Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment