Friday 4 July 2014

Introduction to Dee Dee

Hi everyone,
This is the first time I've done something like this and I'm loving it already. I like to give my friends, boyfriend (much to his annoyance : p ) and family some cool advice and tips on everyday tasks so I just said why not spread the love and show you lovely lot a piece of me!

Trying to be healthy can be just soooooooooo draining sometimes because it's the type of fear that an artist gets - BLANK canvass and where do you begin. Well that's where I come in to help.
I'd like to advise you all and to show you that it's really not that hard nor expensive to stay healthy but mainly aware of what you put on or in your body.
Recently, I read an article in the Irish Examiner (local newspaper) about this new campaign called No'Poo - basically giving up shampoo!  Irish Examiner article

Reason being there are a lot of harmful chemicals in it and going without it can actually make your hair look better!! After a month of my no-shampoo period, I've decided to switch things up in the rest of my bathroom cabinet..... And here I am, giving you some advice for look after yourself and your health and still looking after your image.

I think it's sprung from my family too who would be very health conscious. My momma has always been very wary of lotions and fake tans out and has always in a real country accent said " Don't be putting any of that tack on your body! God only know's what you're putting into it and the affects it can have on it!".
And so it's begun - an new natural Dee and also a very positive Dee to know that I'm taking care of myself more, cos God knows I haven't been doing that in years gone by!

I also like to cook a lot and really love healthy food, but mainly tasty, healthy food! That's super important to me as I don't like eating 1. Food that is as dry as Gandie's flipflop 2. That taste like Gandie's flipflop. So i'm all about sharing ideas on salads who can be quite hard to perfect and yummy healthy soups and dinner ideas.  So hope you like my ideas and please leave me some feedback if you have tried any of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment