Thursday 10 July 2014

Let’s talk about tan baby, let’s talk about you and me

Let’s talk about all the good and the bad things that can be let’s talk about tan!

Oh yeah, a big one for us Irish girls, a big one! My God the amount of photographs that I have of my teenage years using Sun Shimmer Instant tan for a night out and then going in to Centra after FX club for a hot chicken roll and looking down at my legs in horror!!! Like strips of drink spillages all over my little legs and sure all I wanted was to look tanned ; /
Ughhhhh! Our quest for the sunkissed look not only makes the hotter countries laugh but also men laugh too. The majority of men hate tan and can’t understand why we feel the need to have it! They hate the smell and the fake look of it.

I got a spray tan as I was a bridesmaid at wedding recently and I looked like an oompa loompa!

               

Yikes! Orange much?!

I think it’s again about marketing campaigns and how it will make us look thinner! Well I’ll tell you now – no amount of tan will mistake my love-handles from popping out of my bikini! Just plain simple exercise will do that. Now I do like to have a little tan on my legs because compared to my top half these can look bawny! I think Tan Organic is an amazing Irish company and we should be supporting it more. Yes it does give a natural glow but that’s all it should be! Nothing more than that.
See Tan Organic's account of the chemicals currently being added to most tans on the market at the moment:

The quest for a ”safe” tan is not a new one. Ever since the link between skin cancer and sun over-exposure was established, not to mention the aging effects, those of us seeking the brown without the burn have often turned to self-tanners. Shocking medical discoveries show that 60% of what you put on your skin is in-fact absorbed into the body. Many faux tanners contain hundreds of chemicals, parabens and fragrances, so not only are these nasty chemicals drying out and ageing your skin but they are also getting into your blood system. Scary thought. Organic tanning solutions have developed a way of giving the skin a beautiful glow without feeling like your rubbed a science experiment all over your body. With the use of wonderful natural ingredients such as aloe vera, caramel, beetroot and sugar, TanOrganic have developed a 100% natural and organic tanning solution that has passed all the ECOCERT standards. Containing 84% aloe vera, TanOrganic has address all the issues faux tanners had in the past and injected a skin nourishing anti-ageing treatment into the tanning bottle. Now the only Ecocertified sunless tan in the world, this wonder tanning brand has changed the fashion of faux tanning once again and leads the industry towards the organic way of things.

But what I would like to go through are some people that I look up to and think are just so amazing and natural and don’t need any tan and still look good! They prove to us that we don’t need it and more importantly we shouldn't be using it all the time….. fair enough if you want a pick-me-up for a wedding or something! But not all the time.




Even on her wedding day Jessica Biel was just so stunning and so natural! If it's good enough for Justin Timberlake it must mean something eh!?
                        
 Let’s call a spade a spade, we are not supposed to be MAHOGANY.


No comments:

Post a Comment